Providing Unique Commentary and Insight into Politics, History and Society since 2005

Saturday, March 15, 2008

More Roman Empire Related Reading and Watching

My Roman Empire obsession of late is hitting new heights. I often times go through these phases every few years when I go into a mode where every free moment I am attempting to re-read or re-watch a special about Rome.

Here are some outstanding resources I have been utilizing recently.


DVD's

  • Rome in the First Century A.D./ PBS DVD
  • Rome: Power and Glory/ Narrated by Peter Coyote (an outstanding six program narrative about the history of Rome from the founding until the fall in A.D. 476)
  • Julius Caeser's Rome/ History Channel (A compilation of several programs on the nework about Rome both during Caeser's time and after.
BOOKS

  • The Fall of the Roman Empire by Michael Grant
  • Sick Caesars by Michael Grant
  • Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire VOL 1 thru 3, by Gibbons
PODCASTS

No comments:

Canes Rising Headlines

The Kartik Report

CSRN's American Soccer Spot

Blog Archive

About Me

I am the host of the Major League Soccer Talk and EPL Talk Podcasts and am frequent guest on other (world) football shows. I am also the publisher of various other websites including this one. I work in public/government relations in addition to my soccer work and have a keen interest in history, politics, aviation, travel,and the world around us.

Widgetbox