Providing Unique Commentary and Insight into Politics, History and Society since 2005

Friday, January 06, 2006

Texas oriented reading

As a follow up to my post about Texas from about a month ago, I am currently reading Michael Lind's Made in Texas, which I purchased for $ 1 at a recent book sale. The book thus far is brilliant, even though Lind certainly has a political perspective that he is trying to push. After I'm done with Lind's book, next up on my reading list is H.W. Brands, Lone Star Nation. I guess I am rapidly becoming an adopted Texan, more than ten years after my fascination with Lyndon Johnson, and Texas History and Culture began. Now if I can only use this knowledge to help the Canes keep that recruiting pipeline to Texas open inspite of the Horns Championship. That would be putting all of this to real good use!

No comments:

Canes Rising Headlines

The Kartik Report

CSRN's American Soccer Spot

Blog Archive

About Me

I am the host of the Major League Soccer Talk and EPL Talk Podcasts and am frequent guest on other (world) football shows. I am also the publisher of various other websites including this one. I work in public/government relations in addition to my soccer work and have a keen interest in history, politics, aviation, travel,and the world around us.

Widgetbox