Providing Unique Commentary and Insight into Politics, History and Society since 2005

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Random Thoughts

  • Detroit beat Indiana tonight to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. The Heat is going to have a very difficult time matching up with Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace inside. I hope the Heat can get some production from Damon Jones and Keyon Dooling, thus forcing Detroit to play defense on the perimeter and not be able to collapse everyone inside.
  • I read all of the news articles on Tom Gallagher's announcement for Governor this morning. I was stunned to hear such right wing rhetoric from Gallagher who has always been a moderate with a reputation as a wild man in Tallahassee. Either Gallagher has changed overnight or he is a political opportunist.
  • I'm currently reading Ron Chernow's excellent biography of Alexander Hamilton. While I consider myself more of a Jeffersonian, it is amazing how little credit contemporary political theorists give Hamilton for being one of the truly important figures in the foundation of this nation. Alexander Hamilton is more responsible than any other figure for the vision that made the United States the greatest capitalist machine in the history of the planet.
  • Congratulations to UM Basketball assistant coach Barclay Radebaugh who accepted the head coaching job at Charleston Southern.

No comments:

Canes Rising Headlines

The Kartik Report

CSRN's American Soccer Spot

Blog Archive

About Me

I am the host of the Major League Soccer Talk and EPL Talk Podcasts and am frequent guest on other (world) football shows. I am also the publisher of various other websites including this one. I work in public/government relations in addition to my soccer work and have a keen interest in history, politics, aviation, travel,and the world around us.

Widgetbox