Providing Unique Commentary and Insight into Politics, History and Society since 2005

Friday, July 07, 2006

Soccer Times printed my letter to the editor

Soccer Times which is probably the only site on the web which offers really educated and unbiased opinions about US Soccer printed my letter to the editor.


U.S. Cup effort was disastrous

I want to personally thank Bruce Arena for the great run he has given our national team and the unforgettable trip to the quarterfinals of the World Cup in 2002 (which could have been the semifinals had it not been for [referee] Hugh Dallas).

That having been said, this World Cup performance was a disaster for Team USA. I am shocked that we played with such little energy and that our stars exhibited such little leadership. I never realized we'd miss the energy coming from the bench thanks to Cobi Jones and the offensive sparks coming from the back via Tony Sanneh so greatly in this World Cup. We just didn't have suitable replacements for those guys or for the injured Frankie Hedjuk and John O'Brien. Our player pool isn't as deep as most of us thought it was and, while that's not Bruce Arena's fault, it's time we moved on and brought in a new coach and a new way of thinking.

Kartik Krishnaiyer
Coral Springs Florida

No comments:

Canes Rising Headlines

The Kartik Report

CSRN's American Soccer Spot

Blog Archive

About Me

I am the host of the Major League Soccer Talk and EPL Talk Podcasts and am frequent guest on other (world) football shows. I am also the publisher of various other websites including this one. I work in public/government relations in addition to my soccer work and have a keen interest in history, politics, aviation, travel,and the world around us.

Widgetbox